ICAP Conference on Conformity Assessment
- What: IEEE Conformity Assessment Program Conference on Conformity Assessment
- When: 10 April 2013, 08:30 - 17:30; 11 April 2013, 08:30 - 1:00
- Where: IEEE, 445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854
The 2nd IEEE Conformity Assessment Program (ICAP) Conference on Conformity Assessment will provide attendees with a forum for discussion and presentations that will address the importance conformity assessment plays in today's evolving marketplace as an integral part of the standards development lifecycle.
Representatives from standards development organizations, test labs, accreditation bodies, operators, utilities and manufacturers will provide presentations and insights in their respective areas of conformity assessment. Technology areas to be discussed include synchronization requirements in telecom and power (IEEE 1588), cloud-based services (IEEE P2302), eHealth, imaging, and Smart Grid.
Gordon Gillerman, Chief, Standards Services, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will keynote the conference on the first day.
The registration fee for the full conference is $100. Early registration prior to 31 March 2013 will qualify for a 50% registration fee discount - $50. The registration fee includes all breaks/meals and an evening reception on 10 April 2013. IEEE members with membership in good standing will qualify for the 50% discount through the date of the conference.
Who Should Attend
This conference is highly recommended for utility/service providers, vendor test engineers, network designers, technical managers, procurement officers, marketing managers, smart grid engineers, students and faculty.
Logistics and Agenda
Sponsorship and Exhibiting Opportunities
To increase the visibility of attendee companies, limited sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities are available. This will include all breaks including breakfast, lunches and reception on the first day. The conference will also support a limited number of table top (6’ x 6’) booths. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. The following sponsorship fees will apply:
- Breakfast (x2) - $200.00 each
- Coffee break (x3) - $150.00 each
- Lunch (x1) - $550.00
- Networking reception (x1) - $800.00
- Booths - $400.00
- Gordon Gillerman, Chief, Standards Services Division, NIST
- Jim Prendergast, Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer
- Vahid Madani, Principle Protection Engineer, PG&E
- Ken Martin, Principle Engineer, Electric Power Group
- Phil Smith, Phil Smith, Director of Public Affairs, A2LA
- Carsten Rossenhoevel, Managing Director, EANTC
- Bob Mandeville, President & Founder, Iometrix
- Rudy Schubert, Principle Consultant, EnerNex
- Michael Kirwan, Director, Conformity Assessment, Continua Health Alliance
- Ted Osinski, Chair, OminiAir Certification Committee, OmniAir
Additional information regarding the agenda and speakers and registration details will be made available in the upcoming weeks. Should you require additional information in the interim, contact Lloyd Green, ICAP Marketing Director.